3 AND 4 MAY 2014, IN MONDO GALERIA, MADRID.
MONDO GALERIA in collaboration with KanseiSounds invites you to participate in their AUDIOVISUAL CREATION WORKSHOP imparted by José Bautista in the ocation of his Audiovisual Installation “Térrea” at the gallery space. This unique workshop has been created to give the participants an introduction to the importance of SOUND in audiovisual creation, as well as presenting and explaining the most common methods to record sound and its aplication-relation-dialogue with visual content.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop consist in part theory and part practice. It is built for people related to any artistic activity, visual or sound related: photographers, video artists, cinematographers, paiters, musicians, curators and anyone who has the will to investigate audiovisual language centred mainly on sound design, edition and post-production in realation to any visual media.
INTENTIONS OF THIS WORKSHOP
Starting from the basic theory and the practice of the concept KanseiSounds, created by José Bautista, in which image and sound meet through a sensitive and rhythmic inner path, the necessary stages to design for an audiovisual, multimedia or transmedia that audio and rhythmic personality will be explored in this workshop.
CONTENTS OF THIS WORKSHOP
– ANALYSIS: This WORKSHOP starts with the screening and analysis of important audiovisual Works, including creations by José Bautista. All these pieces will be an important and useful reference throughout the WORKSHOP and will be the pivot to understand all the theoretic and practical concepts studied during two days.
– PRE-PRODUCTION & RECORDING: Introduction to the theory and the sensations necessary to “visualize sound” and acustice perspectives, in which way to record them correctly with different equipment and microphones, how to classify them and, later, how to edit them with different sound editing software.
– EDITION AND AUDIOVISUAL RHYTHM: The possibilities of the “audiovisual form” on multimedia edition will be studied. Through sound edition will be possible to discover the rythm and tempo in each artistic expression which will be used as a key to créate a unique audiovisual personality to our Works.
– PRODUCTION & POSTPRODUCTION: Different technics for producing sound and post-producing it will be explained in detail. These will be applicable to voice recordings/interviews, exterior and interior ambient sound and to make better existing audio samples through post-production and mastering.
INFORMATION, DATES AND TIMING
– 18 working hours.:
Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 14:00 hs and from 15:00 to 20:00 hs
– Saturday 3 and Sunday 4th May, 2014.
PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL IN TWO METHODS:
NUMBER OF STUDENTS:
– Maximum 20